Ovavital®: Professional Bad Breath Treatment
Many people suffer from oral infections that cause gum (periodontal) disease, halitosis, peri-implantitis and tooth decay. These infections often can cause chronic bad breath or “halitosis” – an embarrassing and common condition. Studies have shown that patients can suffer from halitosis even in the absence of gum disease, meaning that you can have perfect oral hygiene and still have bad breath. At our Tsawwassen, BC dentist office, we offer Oravital – a safe, easy, non-invasive, and highly effective way to treat periodontal disease and bad breath.
How OraVital® Works
The OraVital® works by treating bad breath in five steps:
- Screening – using a swab, Dr. Jan Roberts will take samples of bacteria from your tongue, throat and teeth. The swabs are then sent to a lab which does a microbial analysis to detect any harmful bacteria causing gum disease and breath odour.
- Treatment – if your report indicates there are harmful microorganisms in your mouth causing gum and/or breath problems, your South Delta, BC dentist Dr. Jan Roberts will recommend an OraVital® antibiotic and/or antiseptic rinses that are specifically targeted to killing the germs causing your infection. Using the OraVital® rinse for approximately 2 to 4 weeks will help get the harmful bacteria under control and estabalish a proper balance of healthy microorganisms in your mouth.
- Evaluation – following your initial treatment, you will return to our Tsawwassen dentist office for another checkup to evaluate your gums and breath.
- Maintenance – Dr. Jan Roberts will recommend that you schedule regular dental hygiene appointments and ensure you have incorporated a solid oral home care regimen to maintain a healthy mouth. Along with regularly brushing and cleaning your teeth, using an OraVital maintenance rinse on a daily basis will help you prevent recurring breath and gum problems.
- Revaluation – Dr. Jan Roberts will recommend scheduling regular appointments to check for bleeding or other gum problems. We recommend OraVital® microbial testing at least once a year to see whether the bacteria in your mouth are still in balance. If harmful bacteria are increasing, infection could return. It’s easier to address any problems before this happens.
When you use the Oravital® fresh breath system, you can have a healthier mouth, fresher breath and a healthier body within a few short weeks. It’s time to be able to exhale confidently! Dr. Jan Roberts is proudly serving the Tsawwassen and South Delta, BC communities. Contact us today at Roberts Dental & Facial Rejuvenation to learn more about Oravital® fresh breath treatment.