As we age, facial volume is often lost and can sometimes leave us feeling with a tired, sunken appearance. Dermal fillers are a safe non-surgical treatment option available to help reduce deep facial lines and folds, and restore volume for a more natural, facial rejuvenation – without the recovery time associated with invasive surgery. If you would like to soften fine facial lines and wrinkles, we can help take years off your appearance at our Tsawwassen, BC clinic.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
- Smoothing out deep facial lines and creases (such as nasolabial folds/ laugh lines/marionette lines)
- Plumping up thin lips and smoothing out vertical lines around the lip border
- Enhance the shape of the cheeks, often restoring youthful fullness
- Filling out depressions (hollows) under the eye area
- Even out indented scars (such as from acne or chicken pox)
- Increase facial volume to fill out gauntness in the lower cheek or temple area, which most often occurs due to fat pads shifting beneath the surface of skin
What Are Dermal Fillers & How Are They Different Than Botox/Dysport?
Dermal fillers are a naturally-derived material consisting of non-animal cross-linked hyaluronic acid. They are typically injected directly into the skin with the purpose of plumping or adding volume to that specific area, and for decreasing deep facial wrinkles/depressions/folds. Dermal filler treatment can last on average for 6 to 9 months (up to 6 months for lips).
Dermal filler treatment is a completely different treatment than Botox/Dysport, however, often the treatments are used together to achieve a youthful appearance and for other desired results. Although both procedures involve injections, Botox/Dysport are used to relax muscle causing wrinkles. Dermal fillers are injected to add facial volume and for “plumping”.
Because they work in different manners, many patient can have both Botox/Dysport and dermal fillers—the combination can produce a remarkably younger-looking face.
Why Choose A Smile Above For Treatment
Our practice excels by providing you with a very high level of care. You can expect to have a comprehensive consultation, including the Roberts Facial Rejuvenation Photography series taken – 29 photographic records used to help our team understand your needs, desires and concerns. Contact us to learn more or book an appointment.